Purposes of the Association
The Association was inaugurated in 1938 to:
- perpetuate friendships formed through service or association with the Hong Kong Police/Royal Hong Kong Police
- act in the mutual interests of its members
- raise, maintain and administer a welfare fund for the benefit of members and their widows
Membership is open to:
- officers, irrespective of rank, who have served in or have retired from the HKP/RHKP
- sons and daughters over the age of 18 of officers who have served in or have retired from the HKP/RHKP
- persons who have such association with the HKP/RHKP, or who have had such service with the Government of Hong Kong as to warrant the Committee of the Association approving their application for membership
The Association has a worldwide membership, with members in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom and many other countries.
The routine affairs of the Association are run by a Committee based in London, with a resident Committee representative in each major region.
Where several members are closely located they sometimes form a Chapter to socialise and organise local events.
In the United Kingdom, and some other areas, local area welfare officers assist with the welfare functions of the Association.